7/30/2012

BREAKING NEWS: PETER JACKSON AND STUDIO COMMIT TO RIDICULOUS MONEY GRAB!

As reported by theonering.net, Peter Jackson and the studio have agreed to release 3 films under the label of the Hobbit franchise. ("There and Back Again" to be changed to "Still Walking") :D

They say they're going to use material from the appendices to the LOTR. That means EPICLY HUGE DWARF VS. GOBLIN BATTLES! And, possibly, you guessed it, appearances in character from Viggo Mortensen and Liv Tyler in "Overdone Romance, the prequel"

Update: I understand somewhat better where it's coming from now, but that does not really change my opinion that the story is simply too short.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about this around the time of the comic-con, I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet.
    It could possibly be EPIC or an Epic Fail but I think P. Jackson can pull it off. I am not going to complain with more Middle Earth! :D Can't believe its still 135 day, 18 hours, 20 minutes, and 20 seconds!

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still going to see all the movies when I can, but as you can see by my word choice, at first glance I am firmly in the "epic fail" camp. "The Hobbit" is only as long as FOTR, and the extra material they're talking about amounts to about 10-20 pages on the dwarf/goblin war (which is already squeezed into the first two as a sort of flashback) and 10-20 pages on Aragorn and Arwen's romance, which was out of place in the lotr and has no place whatsoever in "The Hobbit"

      Delete