5/27/2012

The Present Past

I am happy to share with you a set of songs put together by a very good friend of mine.(I go much farther back with him than the The Scarlet Pimpernel...ALL the way back...;D). Anyway, I think these songs are impressive for a start and I hope you do too. I don't have the lyrics written down, but he ought to be comprehensible if everything works properly.


1) My Strength: Described by him as an attempt to break out of the usual formula for hymns.


2) Southern California: I have never heard a Beach Boys song. I guessed this one sounded similar. He says Right on.



3) New World: An amusing take on the Columbus/discovery of America history/legend.


4) Trip to New York: What can I say? Guy goes to New York, guy sings. Simple.


5) Now & Forever: Just guess what that means.


6) Consequences of Fantasy: He doesn't think fantasy is bad; he's a very big LOTR fan. He just doesn't want people to lose their minds.


I hope you enjoy these songs! Please let me know what you think, because the Jman is already working out a second album, and I will want to post those too.

4 comments:

  1. do u watch or read game of thrones at all? u two seem so similar i think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't. But since that sort of story interests me, I might look into it someday. But please explain what that story has to do with the possibility of my friend and I sharing interests, which we do.

      Delete
  2. Your friend is a good singer. I like the second song the best since I like Beach Boys in general and the NY song was also good. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. I can't tell you which one I like best, though New World and, honestly, Now & Forever are pretty close at the top...:)As I said, he's writing more, but has yet to tell me what they're about.

      Delete